This summer, KAETA helped document and produce a wonderful partnership between The Community Foundation of Sarasota County, Girls Inc., and the Sarasota Bay Club. This collaborative summer project provided reading support, one-on-one mentorship, and art activities to a group of 1st through 3rd grade girls enrolled at Tuttle, Gocio and Emma E. Booker elementary schools.
The goals of the project were:
1. To provide girls with one-on-one mentoring opportunities with residents of the Sarasota Bay Club to support their improved reading, comprehension, vocabulary and critical thinking skills.
2. To develop increased confidence in girls’ reading abilities -becoming an avenue to life-long interest and love in reading.
3. To positively impact summer reading loss.
4. To support a positive model of intergenerational relationships.
5. To provide girls with opportunities to work with a local artist and participate in myriad art projects.
6. To have FUN and LEARN in an experiential and caring format which could support the successful accomplishment of project goals – (so that it didn't feel like being in school for the summer!)
We're so proud to work with these organizations, who represent some of the finest community-focused efforts in the region. Congratulations to everyone involved!